The Pros and Cons of a Laminate Countertops
I wanted a new, attractive kitchen countertop that would serve my family well without costing a fortune. After doing some research and talking to the experts, I settled on laminate countertops and couldn’t be happier with my choice – and the price!
Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons of laminate countertops based on my research:
- Affordable option: Compared to granite, stone, wood, and marble countertops, laminate countertops are genuinely inexpensive. So economical, in fact, that you can afford to change them out if they get damaged or you tire of a design. Their affordability makes laminate countertops an excellent option if you’re remodeling on a tight budget.
- Loads of design options: As Architectural Digest demonstrates, you can get laminate countertops in a wide selection of delightful colors, shapes, and sizes.
- Chameleon: Why blow your entire budget on pricey countertops when you can spend less for the same look? You can get a laminate countertop in a design that mirrors granite, stone, wood, or marble countertops. It might not be as durable as the more expensive options, but it looks just as good.
- Easy to install: Laminate countertops are lightweight, which makes them easy to install. You can install them yourself, saving you even more money.
Check out this video for a comparison of the various types of countertops, including laminate.
- Not Permanent: According to House Logic, a top-quality laminate countertop can last for 10 to 20 years, if properly maintained. But if they get used heavily, they typically don’t last that long. It might be inexpensive to replace, but you do have the chore of replacing them when they get damaged.
- Easy to damage: Unlike granite and marble countertops, laminate counters scratch easily. They also are vulnerable to heat, which can cause melting or burns, so you must be careful.
- Low resale value: According to The Spruce, laminate counters have the lowest resale value of any countertop and add virtually no market value to your home.
If you’re looking for an attractive and affordable option for your kitchen countertops, the pros of laminate far outweigh the cons. Give us a call today for more information and to determine whether a laminate countertop is right for you!
Laminate Countertops – Economical, Versatile Beauty
Affordable, easy to care for and available in a wide variety of colors, it’s easy to find the perfect laminate countertop to match your lifestyle and taste.
- Keeps its beauty without a lot of maintenance.
- Cleans with mild soap and water.
- Resists stains, abrasions and moisture.
- Complements virtually any kitchen decor with over 250 colors and patterns.
- Reflects your personal style and accents your kitchen with a variety of decorative edges.
- Makes changing your kitchen style every few years affordable.
Laminate countertops are the most popular countertops on the market today. Laminate is made up of several layers of synthetic material, including Kraft paper that is used in making paper bags. Laminate is such a versatile material that it is used for much more than countertops. Bowling alleys have replaced wood for laminate. Boat interiors are lined with laminate.
Laminate countertops come in more colors, patterns and finishes than any other type of countertop. No matter how unique your decor is you can find laminate countertops to match. Choose your laminate countertop from over 250 dazzling colors and patterns from Wilsonart and Formica. Laminate countertops in Louisville has the most Wilsonart and Formica laminate sheets to choose for your kitchen and bath counter tops.
Below are just a few samples. Give me a call and let me show you how to make your countertops beautiful