Louisville Cabinets & Countertops, LLC
6200 Hitt Lane
Louisville, KY 40241
What To Look For When Buying Granite Countertops
I heard that choosing a granite countertop for my kitchen would be a more attractive and durable upgrade than other materials out there. It was an expensive choice, but I was sold on all the promised benefits. Plus, the sample looked beautiful.
Sadly, I didn’t get to enjoy my new granite top for as long as I had hoped – all because I missed the telltale signs of a low-quality granite product.
If you want to avoid such a mistake, read on for some tips about choosing a granite countertop.
How to Choose the Perfect Granite Countertop
According to Tops Cabinet, properly installed granite countertops can last for 100 years or more. But because all granite countertops are not equal, you must know what to look out for if you want one whose beauty and functionality will last a lifetime.
Amanzi Granite recommends considering the following when you’re looking for the perfect granite countertop:
- Price: Granite countertops are typically pricier than many other options. But you can avoid paying an exorbitant amount by shopping around and picking the highest grade within your budget.
- Warranty: Your granite countertop should come with a manufacturer or seller warranty that protects your investment.
- Color and design: The design or appearance of the countertop must complement that of the room where you’re installing it.
- Thickness: The thicker a granite slab is, the tougher it will be. Look for a granite countertop that is at least 1 inch thick, as ¾–inch or thinner are more fragile. While ¾-inch slabs are less expensive, you’re compromising durability for affordability.
- Hairline cracks and natural pits: These imperfections in a granite countertop may look appealing, but they increase the likelihood that the slab will split. Before buying, verify with the seller that the crack is decorative and not the start of a break.
- Seamless granite countertops: These cost more than countertops with seams, but you get what you pay for. They look better and last longer.
Watch this video for more information about choosing your granite countertop.
Get the Best Granite Countertop
A granite countertop can be a gorgeous, long-lasting addition to your kitchen, bathroom, or any other room, if you get it right.
Gold Eagle, a leading supplier of granite, recommends that you purchase your granite countertop from a reputable supplier to increase the likelihood of getting a high-quality product.
For expert assistance in picking the best granite countertop for your home, contact us today!
Granite Countertops Louisville, KY
Louisville Cabinets & Counter-tops is a family owned and operated custom granite countertop company. We have been providing quality custom granite, travertine, onyx and marble countertops to home owners, businesses and custom home builders in the Louisville, KY area for the past 25 years.
Our fully trained granite and marble countertops staff will assist you in the whole process from choosing your granite slabs, coordinating template design and installation dates all the way through to the completion of your custom solid surface or granite countertops, tiles or room projects.
Our goal is to meet and exceed your expectations and provide to you with the finest in craftsmanship possible for your custom granite or solid surface counter top project. Look no further for your Louisville, KY granite countertop needs!
Copyright 2018 Louisville Cabinets & Countertops